2018 International Students NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program
Applications are currently been accepted for the 2018 NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program for International Students, only eligible persons that have sent in their applications will be considered for this program
Nvidia Corporation (most commonly referred to as Nvidia, stylized as NVIDIA, nVIDIA or nvidia) is an American technology company based in Santa Clara, California. It designs graphics processing units (GPUs) for the gaming, cryptocurrency, and professional markets, as well as system on a chip units (SoCs) for the mobile computing and automotive market.
Level: The NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program provides funding to PhD students for further research.
Field(s): The fellowship program supports excellence in GPU computing research.
Scholarship covers: The Graduate Fellowship Award must be used to further your research. This can be in the form of tuition, books, living stipend, salary and travel to NVIDIA Research Summit, SIGGRAPH, or relevant conferences.
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA and abroad
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program is targeted for international students |
Eligibility Criteria for NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program
‣ Students must have already completed their first year of Ph.D. level studies (at the time of application)
‣ Students must have majors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Architecture, Electrical Engineering, or a related area
‣ Students must be engaged in active research as part of their PhD thesis
‣ Students must be enrolled as a full time Ph.D. student during the academic year of the award
‣ Note: The award must be administered through the student’s university; payment will be made to the university, not directly to the student.
‣ The Graduate Fellowship Awards are very competitive. The finalists include students with multiple papers in top venues showcasing their results in GPU computing, or absolutely fascinating and exciting research proposals, or both.
‣ In all cases, they have outstanding letters of recommendation with many details and facts to back up their advisor’s stated high opinion.
‣ Final Candidates will be chosen in February 2018.
Scholarship Application Method
Your Graduate Fellowship Application must include:
- 1 to 2 page research summary/thesis proposal (references only may be added as a 3rd page)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including contact information
- Professor Nomination Form including nomination letter (1 letter minimum, up to 3 letters maximum — OK to have nomination letter(s) from non-professors, as long as you have one from your thesis advisor/professor)
Note: It is the student’s responsiblity to ensure that all of these items are submitted prior to the deadline. The student must notify his/her professor(s) with sufficient time for them to submit nomination letters.
Important: Please submit only PDF files and use only ASCII characters in your document file names. Our submission system cannot recognize filenames with Asian or other non-ASCII symbols. Warning: your application may fail to be captured by our online system if you use non-ASCII symbols!
The application portal is here:
If you need to make a correction to an already-submitted application or nomination letter, please just resubmit the new version using the online form again. We will use the version with the most recent time stamp. Please do not email it in — it needs to be submitted via the web form to be added to the review database.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: 3pm Pacific December 15, 2017. The deadline for professor recommendations is 3pm Pacific December 13, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.