2018 Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program
Applications are now being accepted for the Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program 2018 for International students, eligible applicants will be considered for this program
Chinese Government Scholarship—WMO Program is a scholarship established by MOE for World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor international students to study and conduct research in meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision & management in China.
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | China
Level: Undergraduate and Master’s degree and PhDdegree program.
Field(s): meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision & management in China.
Deadline: apply between early November and late February.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program is targeted forinternational students
| Scholarship covers: This is a partial scholarship which covers |
To be eligible for Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
‣ CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners and sends the admission documents to WMO Secretariat before 15 June 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
Step 1 – Apply to WMO Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by WMO Secretariat as an eligible candidate.
Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy. You should consult WMO Secretariat for Instructions of CSC Online Application System for International Students and Agency Number.
Step 4 – Submit all your application documents to WMO Secretariat before the deadline.
Only applications of recommended candidates from WMO Secretariat will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
Application Documents(in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（written in Chinese or English）;
2. Notarized highest diploma;
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Undergraduate applicants must submit transcripts of their high school graduation examinations. Other applicants must submit their academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);
This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, and 800 words for graduate students.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants for the graduate programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. Valid Documents of Your Legal Guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18);
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
8. The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available);
9. The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.9.
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
No application documents will be returned.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: You need to apply between early November and late February.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.