Applications are currently been submitted for the 2018 International Women’s Media Foundation Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories, eligible persons re by this notice invited to apply for this grant program.
The IWMF’s Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories, sponsored by The Secular Society, is a new funding initiative supporting journalism produced by and about women. In an era of increased globalization, the need for varied coverage of gendered topics is critical to a free and representative press. These grants will be a catalyst for reporting on untold stories surrounding issues that impact women and girls’ daily lives worldwide.
Eligible countries: All
- Women journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Professional Journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- All answers and documents must be in English. Due to the high volume of applications we cannot answer questions by phone. Please review the application guide and frequently asked questions on our website prior to beginning this application.
These grants provide opportunities for women journalists to pursue international stories of importance through gender-sensitive coverage of under reported topics.
- Grants will average $5,000 USD.
- Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel (flights, ground transportation, drivers), logistics, visa fees, and payment for fixers/translators.
- All applications must be filled out online via the IWMF’s online application system.
The IWMF will accept applications twice-yearly. Please keep this is mind when creating proposed project timelines. Due to the large influx of applications, the IWMF can not consider time sensitive proposals. Please refer to the application close date for each application cycle, and expect grants to be disseminated 6 – 10 weeks following the application close. Applicants may apply for concurrently for Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories and the Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists.
Application Deadline: January 19th 2018
For More Information: