Scholarship Description: The University of Queensland Archaeology Program is offering four PhD studentships for international and domestic students to start in 2018 for archaeological science projects in Africa, Europe and Australia.
About University: The University of Queensland is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. As one of Australia’s leading universities, UQ admits the majority of its state’s top achievers.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate research programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded for archaeological science projects in Africa, Europe and Australia.
Scholarship Benefits: $27,082 (2018 rate) indexed annually, tuition fees, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Eligible Nationalities: Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible you must:
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
Language Requirements: Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Application Procedure: Once applicants have been invited to apply for admission to the PhD program and this scholarship follow these easy steps. There is no separate application for the scholarship and you will be given the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
When completing the online application form ensure you indicate in the free text field in scholarships that you are applying for the Global Archaeological Science Scholarships Round
Deadline: January 17, 2018