Booking Cares Fund for Changemakers in Sustainable Tourism 2018, Up to 250k in grants
Calling Changemakers in Sustainable Tourism! Dreaming of transforming the travel industry? Apply now for the Booking Cares Fund 2018. The Booking Cares Fund is Booking.com’s €2 million fund programme to champion changemakers in sustainable tourism. Pioneers with bold, ambitious non-profit projects can apply for grants between €100 and €250k.
The Booking Cares Fund champions sustainable tourism changemakers in their search for new and unexpected solutions that reimagine the tourism and travel space. With the Fund we support projects that strengthen local communities, preserve & promote local culture, help disperse tourism and protect natural resources.
Changemakers are invited to apply for a grant between €100k and €250k with a bold dream project that strengthens local communities, preserves & promotes local culture, helps disperse tourism and/or protects natural resources.
The project should have the potential to produce meaningful change that can scale, be backed by data and produce measurable results.
- Open to a Changemaker, over 18 years old, with an original idea for a project that reimagines the tourism and travel space to strengthen local communities, preserve & promote local culture and protect natural resources; and
- Changemakers can come from all over the world, representing universities, non-profits, research institutes and governments.
- Pioneers with bold, ambitious ideas to truly transform the sustainable tourism industry can apply for grants between €100k and €250k.
- You must be fluent in English. All communication will be entirely in English
- Application is not open for organizations with political or religious goals. Applications for scholarships are not admissible either. Applications can be rejected by the Promoter, as its full discretion.
They are looking for:
- People passionate about sustainable tourism. People who are developing solutions or projects that transform the travel industry.
- Believers turned into doers. Creative, goal-setting visionaries. Problem-solvers that are capable of engineering their visions into reality.
- Fast-learners not afraid to fail. Changemakers who explore new avenues and are eager to experiment. When they fail, they capture and share their learnings so others can benefit.
- Strong believers in the power of technology. People who share our belief that technology and innovation can accelerate change within the travel sector.
As part of the entry process, Applicants will be required to:
- complete a set of questions on the application form;
- share a copy of the entity registration document that includes details about the Applicant’s board;
- provide two references
Each applicant will be reviewed according to the fund criteria. The most promising Changemakers will be shortlisted and be invited for a phone interview taking place in the week of January 22-26, 2018.
Deadline: January 7, 2018— TODAY
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit Booking Cares Fund.