The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History of the Center for Historical Research in St. Petersburg, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the fields of environmental history or environmental humanities, history of science and technology or urban history. Positions are exclusively open to international students.
The aim of the positions is to support scholars whose interests are focused on the regions of Circumpolar North or Global South are particularly welcome to apply.
The National Research University Higher School of Economics is one of the leading and largest universities in Russia. The university specializes in economics, social sciences, mathematics, computer science, media communications and design. It has more than twenty departments, with its main campus located in Moscow and three additional campuses in St. Petersburg, Nizhniy Novgorod and Perm.
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are awarded for the postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in the fields of environmental history or environmental humanities, history of science and technology or urban history.
- Scholarship Award: The Laboratory offers access to its research resources. HSE offers a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan with a limited set of basic services. The appointment is normally made for one year starting September 2018 with the possibility of extension.The postdoctoral fellow is expected to pursue his/her research interests under the supervision of the director of the department or the head of the project, work in close collaboration with the department’s ongoing projects. The postdoctoral fellow will be allocated a working space equipped with a computer and free internet access at HSE.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the positions.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of positions is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Russia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for the positions.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a PhD from an international research university in the field of History or Social Sciences related to environmental studies or STS (Science, Technology and Society studies).
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English (knowledge of Russian language is not required).
How to Apply:
- A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to HSE by February 15, 2018. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.