NUS Science, Medicine and Engineering Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students in Singapore, 2018
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently accepting applications for Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellowship to nationals of all countries.
It aims to promote the development of young and outstanding academics in science, medicine, and engineering.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is an autonomous research university in Singapore. Founded in 1905 as a medical college, it is the oldest institute of higher learning (IHL) in Singapore, as well as the largest university in the country in terms of student enrollment and curriculum offered. NUS is a comprehensive research university with an entrepreneurial dimension. NUS offers a wide range of disciplines, including the sciences, medicine and dentistry, design and environment, law, arts and social sciences, engineering, and music in both undergraduate and postgraduate education.
- Application Deadline: January 23, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Please click the links to view research areas in the following disciplines :
- MedicineAmount of fellowship
The Post Doctoral Fellows will receive a competitive remuneration of at least S$5,500 per month, which also covers stipends for housing and living expenses, a one-off travel subsidy of S$2000, medical and vacation leave will be provided (these are applicable to non-Singaporeans only). Other benefits that the University provides are support for research fieldwork and conference attendance (on application and subject to approval). University Housing will not be provided and appointees have to make their own private arrangement.
The Fellowship will be for a period of one year at the first instance with the possibility of extension of another term of one year based upon evaluation and funding availability (i.e. up to a total of two years). Candidates are also required to participate actively in research activities including seminars, conferences and ARI social events.
- Candidates must have fulfilled all requirements of the PhD from a reputable university within the last 2 years. .
- Candidates who are doing PhD at the time of application can also apply but have to show an official letter from the Registrar Office of the university to confirm the award of your PhD degree
Applications should be sent by E-mail and include:
- Application form in MS Word or equivalent editable formats only.
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Synopsis of the proposed research project (no restriction on the number of pages);
- At least one short sample of published work, preferably in English.
- Ensure that a minimum of three letters of reference should in confidence via email reporting on the applicant’s academic standing and on the applicant’s research project
- Reference letters must clearly state your name, position and cluster applied for.
Cnadidated should be appointed upon the approval by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Ministry of Manpower by granting an Employment Pass or other applicable work passes. Only successful candidates will be notified (via email).