Coal Minesite Rehabilitation Trust Fund Scholarship for International Students in Australia, 2018
CQUniversity is currently accepting applications for Coal Minesite Rehabilitation Trust Fund Scholarship in Australia. The university invites high-quality candidates with a passion for managing and mitigating human impacts on Australia’s rivers and coasts through engaged research in the field of applied science.
CQUniversity Australia has been on a phenomenal trajectory since 2009. A focus on excellence, engagement, and equity has led to remarkable growth in student numbers, new courses, new campuses, infrastructure, research impact and reputation has seen the University emerge as one of Australia’s truly great Universities.
English is the language of instruction and assessment across CQUniversity. Applicants are required to meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements for entry to programs.
- Application Deadline: February 5, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate (Research)
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of applied science.
- Scholarship Award:$35,000 per annum
- Nationality: Domestic and Overseas students
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Domestic and Overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
To be eligible for this Scholarship the candidate must be a domestic student or an overseas student, approved for admission and enrolling in a Doctor of Philosophy – Sciences, Engineering, and Health, at CQUniversity. Prospective applicants should consult the Research Higher Degrees Course Rules Policy and Procedure for further information about eligibility requirements for admission to CQUniversity.
The candidate must be a full time, on-campus student at CQUniversity’s North Rockhampton campus.
The candidate must not be receiving income from another source to support general living costs while undertaking the course of study if that income is greater than 75 percent of the Scholarship stipend rate. Income unrelated to the course of study or income received for the course of study by not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
English Language Requirements: English is the language of instruction and assessment across CQUniversity. Applicants are required to meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements for entry to programs.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic): 6.5 (with no individual band score less than 6.0).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL Internet-Based): Overall score of 79 with no score less than 21.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Overall score of 58 with no score less than 50.
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): Overall test score of 176 (with no individual band score of less than 169).
How to Apply: Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Dr. Nicole Flint for further information about this scholarship project before submitting an application.
Applications for this Scholarship are to be submitted by email to research-scholarships-at-cqu.edu.au.
Applications are to include:
- A letter of motivation describing your skills and research experience [with specific responses to the Selection Criteria listed above]
- Your current resume, including certified academic transcripts, and a list of your previous publications and projects
- A list of three academic referees together with contact information.
- Applicants may be invited to undertake an interview as part of the selection process.