Application Deadline: January 20th 2018
Location: Montreal, Johannesburg, and/or London
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
Stipend: US$ 1 200 monthly
CIVICUS is looking for an innovative, self-starter to join our globally-focused Innovation team. The intern will gain knowledge of socio-political, organizational change, tech and data aspects of CIVICUS’ work with civil society around the world, particularly in the Global South.
CIVICUS are looking for an extremely enthusiastic and skilled person to:
- Pro-actively assist with research, drafting of project papers and implementing regional activities.
- Support all aspects of programmatic, technical, and administrative functions of the Innovation department by providing substantive, organizational and logistical assistance to the staff/consultants in line with CIVICUS’ overall mission across various programs
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Degree in the fields related to political science, governance, developmental studies, social sciences, public administration.
- Strong interest in working in the field of civil society.
- Available to work in Montreal, Johannesburg, London and/or in commuting distance of another CIVICUS base of operation.
- Prior internship in nonprofit organizations and/or international settings beneficial but not required.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficiency in other languages, particularly UN languages helpful.
- Internship — knowledge and understanding of civil societies
- Good interpersonal/networking skills.
- Conscientious self-starter.
- Planning and time management skills.
- Deadline driven, with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Creative thinking.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Organisational and Business Process Support (60%)
- provide administrative support, to organisational clusters and project teams in Innovation Stream
- Serve as liaison to Operations and Finance teams on behalf Innovation stream clusters and project teams
- Provide documentation, meeting secretarial, and archival support
- Serve as key interlocutor with internal and external partners, including Mobilisation Lab, and others on administrative and workflow processes
- Support partnership management and initial engagements with new leads
- Provide financial processing and management support for all Innovation Stream activities
- Help in creating efficiencies and automation in all administrative work flows
- Logistics (20%)
- Support event coordination and convening opportunities that engage our CIVICUS members
- Assist with booking of venues, hotels
- Assist with drawing up of correspondence
- Prepare lists of attendees, speakers, etc.
- Liaise with the South Africa Head Office for travel bookings
- Follow up on all travel bookings
- Liaise with team members for internal team travel
- Assist with VISA applications
- Follow up on correct invoicing
- Programmatic Support (20%)
- Conduct background research for external products
- Provide shadow writing assistance on blogs, journal articles etc.
- Identify strategic convening opportunities to engage the CIVICUS alliance
- Identify potential partners, sponsors, funders for CIVICUS events;
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit :
- A motivational letter;
- A detailed CV;
- Contact details of three current references;
to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 January 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after your application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
For More Information: