Civil and Structural Engineering PhD Scholarship for International Students in Australia, 2018
The Curtin University is currently accepting applications for Civil and Structural Engineering PhD Scholarship in Australia. Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, international students and New Zealand Citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Curtin is an innovative, global university known for its high-impact research, strong industry partnerships and commitment to preparing students for jobs of the future.
Applicants must meet and provide official evidence of English language proficiency on or by the application closing date. Applicants who do not meet English by the application closing date will not be considered for a scholarship.
- Application Deadline: Applications accepted at any time
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate Research (PhD) programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded within the Faculty of Engineering in Civil and Structural Engineering.
- Scholarship Award: The successful student shall receive a stipend valued $27,082.00 (2018) per annum. The duration of the scholarship shall be for three years with a possible extension of up to six months provided the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of the award. If the successful candidate is an international student, the scholarship shall cover tuition fees for the duration of the award.
- Nationality: Australian and International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, International students and New Zealand Citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree (first class honours or upper second class honours) in Civil Engineering or related fields, and language requirement (IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0); or TOEFL 79.
- Applicants with Master degrees with technical publications and research experiences in structural engineering or mechanical engineering, mechanics, structural dynamics are preferred.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply: Please submit an application to To apply, please send your expression of interest together with your CV, English testing score and transcripts via email to Dr Chen (wensu.chen-at-curtin.edu.au).