International Students JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018/2019
International students are currently been invited to apply for the International Students JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018/2019, eligible applicants will be considered for this program.
Type: Research, Fellowship
Fields of Research: Research proposals for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowships should relate clearly to one of the research areas of UNU-IAS listed below, and also aim to be policy-relevant. The following research projects at UNU-IAS are accepting applications for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Global Change and Resilience
- Governance for Sustainable Development
- Education for Sustainable Development in Africa
- Water for Sustainable Development (new project)
Value of Award:
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000
- Overseas travel, accident, and sickness insurance coverage, etc.
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Tokyo, Japan
- Applicants must be citizens of countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible. Applicants must hold a doctorate received on or after 2 April 2012 (i.e., the degree must have been received within six years prior to 1 April 2018), when the fellowship begins or be scheduled to receive doctorate before the fellowship begins.
- Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible.
- Those who have been previously awarded a Standard or Pathway Fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan scheme are not eligible.
- Applicants with at least 10 months research and/or professional experience are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates are invited to complete the online application form. If an applicant does not have access to the Internet, he or she should contact UNU-IAS. The online form and the required documents indicated in the form must be in English. If supporting documents are not in English, English translations must be attached.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2018