Cartography Master Scholarships for International Students, 2018
Applications are invited for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships to pursue International Master Programme in Cartography. The Cartography MSc has been selected for Erasmus+ by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Union.
Cartography MSc is a four-semester Master of Science Programme of four universities in Munich, Vienna, Dresden and Twente. It focusses on a broad education in cartography and geoinformatics.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of cartography and geoinformatics.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships for the four-semester Cartography M.Sc. programme are:
- Contribution to travel costs of 2 x 3.000 € (6.000 € in total) per scholarship holder travelling more than 4.000 km OR 2 x 2.000 € (4.000 € in total) per scholarship holder travelling less than 4.000 km plus 1000 € in total for installation costs
- Subsistence costs of 1.000 € per month, 24.000 € in total. Contribution to subsistence costs must NOT be given to scholarship holders for the study periods (study /research /placement /thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence.
- Contribution to participation costs of ca. 2.425 € per semester, maximum 9.700 € in total.
- Insurance package, i.e., health insurance.
- The scholarship is a full scholarship, meant to cover ALL costs (e.g., tuition fees, travelling, visa costs, accommodation, living expenses, etc.). There will be no further funding.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany, Austria and Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: University is looking for students who are self-disciplined and show initiative, are independent thinkers but also team players and are interested in art, science and technology.
English Language Requirements: One of the following English language tests can be accepted as proof of proficiency:
- IELTS Academic Module: Minimum score 6.5 The British Council can send it to TUM directly. Please give our exact address: TU München, Immatrikulationsamt, Arcisstr. 21, D-80333 München
- TOEFL iBT: 88, CbT: 234, PbT: 605, TOEFL ITP is not accepted. If you send TOEFL to us via ETS, please use the following TOEFL code: University 7806, department 99 (“any department not listed”).
- Cambridge Certificates Cambridge Main Suite: CAE or CPE: level A, B or C
You are considered to be proficient in English and you do not need to provide an English language test score if:
- You are a native English speaker;
- Your previous (current) university education has been conducted in English. In this case you need an official certificate from your university confirming that the language of tuition was English.
- Passport style photo (as for ID)
- Complete and current Résumé (CV)
- Letter of motivation: Please describe your personal reasons and your particular interests and motivation for undertaking post-graduate studies in Cartography at TUM, TUW, TUD and UT on1 to 2 pages.
- Subject and grade transcript of studies to date (officially certified copy): Please do not send original certificates, only officially certified copies including translation into English. TUM does not assume any liability for unsolicited original certificates.
- Two letters of recommendation (original documents): Two original letters of recommendation have to be submitted from faculty members, who are familiar with your work in the major area of your graduate study. If that work occurred some time ago, a recommendation from those people familiar with your professional performance is acceptable.
- English language certificate
- Application for admission or for enrolment from TUMonline system
- If applicable:
- Chinese, Mongolian and Vietnamese applicants have to submit a valid APS certificate (original) from the German Embassy in China/Mongolia/Vietnam
- Applicants with a qualification for postgraduate studies (e.g. a bachelor’s degree) obtained in a country outside of the EU/EWG are required to have their application documents proofed before submission by the University Application Service for International Students (uni-assist e.V.). Uni-assist will issue a VPD certificate.
How to Apply:
Although organized by four leading universities, the Cartography M.Sc. programme is officially registered at TUM. This means that Cartography adheres to the application and admission procedures of TUM. Your application will proceed through the TUMonline application system.