As part of its Capacity-Building Program for African stakeholders in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector (AfriCap) funded by USAID West Africa, the African Water Association is awarding research scholarships to African Young Water and SanitationSanitation
Definition: A general term used to describe a battery of actions that all aim to reduce the spread of pathogens …
Professionals. Target beneficiaries are master students and engineers at the end of their training and PhD studies. Each scholarship, with a maximum value of USD1,000 (one thousand), will make it possible to carry out a research work sanctioned by a scientific report on a theme related to the WASH sector.
During the 2016-2017 academic year, AfWAAfWADefinition: African Water Association…
awarded eighteen scholarships to students from eight (8) countries in West Africa. For the 2017-2018 academic year, twenty-two (22) scholarships shall be awarded.
Candidates for the scholarship program will formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They will also be able to apply to one of the research topics proposed by one of the members of AfWAAfWADefinition: African Water Association…
. Topics will be available on AfWAAfWADefinition: African Water Association…
To apply, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country in the USAID West Africa desk coverage area and identified on the map of Fig 1 below;
- be in good standing academically with respect to their institution;
- Submit a nomination file including :
- Student card or registration receipt for the current year
- Last completed degree
- Curriculum vitae,
- Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor),
- Research proposal form to be downloaded from here. Click here
The list of successful candidates will be published on AfWAAfWADefinition: African Water Association…
website: www.afwa-hq.org and each beneficiary will receive an official notification from AfWAAfWADefinition: African Water Association…
Students wishing to participate in the program are requested to submit their full application by February 28, 2018. The list of recipients for the 2017-2018 academic year shall be published by March 31, 2018.
List of research topics
The following themes were selected for this scholarship program for the 2017-2018 academic year:
- Approaches to reducing Non-Revenue Water in water utilities
- Improved Water Quality Control
- Water services in low-income urban areas
- Fecal sludge Management
- Improvement of urban and peri-urban sanitation
- ICT use in water and sanitation services
As part of this scholarship, the maximum amount allocated per recipient is US $ 1,000. Sixty percent (60%) of this amount will be paid to the recipient once the detailed plan of the research project is finalized, approved by the research supervisor and received by AfWAAfWADefinition: African Water Association…
Research and Capacity Building Program Coordinator. The remaining forty percent (40%) shall be paid once the recipient submits the electronic version of their final research report.
Students receiving the AfWAAfWADefinition: African Water Association…
grant will be required to regularly prepare and submit a monthly report on the status of their work and a final report at the end of the project.
- Deadline:Wednesday, 28 February 2018