LSHTM 2018 Postgraduate Training Fellowship in Medical Statistics for African Scientists Fully Funded to UK
Two fellowships, funded by the UK Medical Research Council (MRC) and GSK, respectively, provide support for two years training in medical statistics. For the first year the successful applicants will study for the MSc degree in Medical Statistics at the London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (LSHTM). This will be followed by a one-year professional attachment at one of the African centres associated with the research programme of the MRC Tropical Epidemiology Group (TEG) at LSHTM. During the professional attachment, training Fellows will develop their statistical and research skills by working on studies with guidance from TEG scientists.
This support is intended to foster excellence in the field of medical statistics and epidemiology in sub-Saharan Africa.
To be eligible, candidates must:
(i) be resident in and a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa
(ii) be in possession of an excellent degree in mathematics or statistics
(iii) have at least 1 year of work experience in medical statistics or epidemiology
Support will not be given as a supplement to other funding, nor to students who have funding from other sources.
- The fellowship will provide costs for fees, stipend (£16,400 per annum) and return air travel.
How to Apply for the Fellowship:
- Candidates should complete an application form and provide a curriculum vitae, two references, and an academic transcript. An application form and referee form can be downloaded by clicking on the links.
- The closing date for applications is 13th April 2018. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by telephone.
- Completed application forms, curriculum vitas, academic transcripts and references should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include “TEG Fellowship Application” and your name in the subject line.
Further information on the MSc in Medical Statistics can be found on the course page: MSc Medical Statistics
Informal inquiries concerning the scholarship can be made to John Bradley (email: email@example.com).
Informal enquiries concerning the MSc can be made to the Admissions Tutors, Jenny Nicholas and Amy Mulick (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
For More Information: