Deadline: January 30, 2018
Start-Up Chile is open for applications. Start-Up Chile is an acceleration program for companies with a functional product and early validation. They are looking for globally-minded, early stage entrepreneurs who want to start their business in Chile. The program was created by the Chilean Ministry of Economy, Development, and Tourism and executed by Corfo, with the objective to position Chile as the hub of innovation and entrepreneurship in Latin America.
The Seed program attracts world class entrepreneurs to do business in Chile. Seed accommodates early stage entrepreneurs who will strengthen the enterprise environment, support the culture of innovation in Chile and connect with Latam to grow from our region to the world. Your startup must be globally-oriented and have the capacity to scale. It is fundamental that the Founder is willing to live in Chile for 7 months.
As a Seed participant you will be a part of a groundbreaking entrepreneurial experience. A once in a lifetime opportunity to bootstrap abroad, grow skills and networks, work in a multicultural and collaborative workspace and avoid rendering your company’s equity. Be a part of a group of young and dynamic entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- Equity free money: The startup will receive funding towards 90% of total program costs and through either reimbursement, or an advance payment plan. The founder/startup must provide 10% of the remaining funding. Chilean applicants can apply for an additional $10MM Chilean pesos, if they reside outside of Chile and hold a postgraduate degree from a top foreign university. Startups are also eligible to apply for an additional $10MM Chilean pesos to develop their enterprise in other cities out of the Santiago, for an additional period of 6 months after their initial stage.
- Accelerations & 6 month experience: During your 6 month experience in Chile, Start-Up Chile will accelerate and support your business. You will also be a part of an inclusive and energetic environment with other like-minded entrepreneurs to have the experience of a lifetime. We have built this program to help you to accelerate your business. Also, Start-Up Chile is here to be sure that you will have a life time experience in Chile, the best country in Latam for startups.
- Other Benefits: Foreign teams will be provided with a one year working visa. All teams will have access to the Start-Up Chile community which includes up to $300,000 USD in perks such as Microsoft BizSpark, Facebook Start, Amazon Web Services and many others. All startups are able to use our central co-working space for up to 9 months after their arrival to the program, free of charge.
Beneficiary and founders identified on the application will be able to reimburse their tickets.
- The applicants can be natural or legal persons, according to the following: Natural person, Chilean or foreign, over eighteen years of age and who are the founders or owners of a global project to be implemented using Chile as a platform.
- Be able to dedicate your time to living and growing your startup in Chile
- Your idea should be in its early stage of development (less than 36 months)
If you are Chilean you must apply with a valid local ID. If you are foreign but are already living in Chile you must apply with your valid Chilean ID. If you are foreign and currently living outside of Chile you must apply with a valid passport from your home country.
To apply you will need to submit an application using their online platform. The application includes questions about leadership, the team and your motivations. In addition, you will need to submit a 90 seconds video and have a referee outline why you and your team are best suited to tackle your problem.
For more information, visit Start-Up Chile.