URPP Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2018 for International Students in Switzerland
The University Research Priority Program (URPP) Language and Space at the University of Zurich is proud to announce up to three Postdoctoral Research Fellowships by September 1, 2018.
The University of Zurich (UZH, German: Universität Zürich), located in the city of Zürich, is the largest university in Switzerland, with over 26,000 students. The university offers the widest range of subjects and courses of any Swiss higher education institution.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: The URPP Language and Space offers excellent working conditions for innovative empirical linguistic research and possibilities for vibrant collaborations within a highly interdisciplinary team. Postdoctoral researchers will have opportunities for professional networking and for further training in areas such as theory, methodology, and didactics. Salaries are granted according to the regulations of the canton of Zurich. The postdoctoral research fellow will develop his or her own profile and research agenda in coordination with the URPP board and the members of the URPP within one of the following five research groups: (1) Accommodation and Social Categorization, (2) Areal Morphology, (3) Interactional Spaces, (4) Spatial References, and (5) Systems of Nominal Determination in Contact.
- Scholarship Award: Salaries are granted according to the regulations of the canton of Zurich.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to three fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in a discipline of linguistics as well as publications in their field of specialization. Independent research experience in one of the core areas of the URPP is expected. Applicants should aim to develop a research career in the field of language and space studies, are expected to be experienced in empirical methods of linguistic research (collection and analysis of linguistic data), and must be interested in the interdisciplinary advancement of theories in the area of language and space. The candidate is also expected to have a keen interest in collaborating with linguists with diverse backgrounds (e.g. dialectology, areal typology, interactional linguistics, sociolinguistics, computational linguistics, phonetics, general linguistics, Romance studies, German studies, Slavic studies, English studies, Sinology). Apart from English, applicants must have a good command of German or be ready to acquire sufficient competency within the first six months after taking up the position.
English Language Requirements: Apart from English, applicants must have a good command of German or be ready to acquire sufficient competency within the first six months after taking up the position.
How to Apply: Applications should include a statement of interest (letter of motivation), a description of the research you would like to pursue (3-5 pages), a CV including a list of publications, and a copy of the applicant’s Ph.D. certificate. Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to bewerbungen-at-spur.uzh.ch, with the subject “Application PostDoc.