Application Deadline: April 2nd, 2018.
16 years of documenting the diverse roles women play in peacebuilding.
Knowing the power of women’s full participation in peace and security decision-making to building more durable peace, the Women PeaceMakers fellowship aims to build
stronger, more effective collaborations between women peacebuilders from
conflict-affected communities and their international partners.
The Women PeaceMakers program is based at the Institute for Peace and Justice (IPJ) at
the University of San Diego’s Kroc School of Peace Studies
Applicants for the Women PeaceMakers fellowship must:
● Have worked for 5-10+ years as a peacebuilder and have worked directly in formal mediation and peace negotiation processes as members of conflict parties in the negotiations, or as formal mediators to national or subnational peace processes;
● Held a significant leadership role in the mediation process, and/or of a peacebuilding organization, network, or movement;
● Demonstrates peacebuilding/peacemaking skills and attitudes;
● Be in a position to participate in all activities during the 10-month fellowship and apply what is learned at the conclusion of the residency program;
● Demonstrate local credibility and a strong social network within her country/community of practice;
● Speak sufficient English to relate personal experiences. Written English is not necessary.
- There is no cost to participate in the Women PeaceMakers Program.
- Selected peacemakers will receive a per diem to cover basic living costs during the residency.
- This funding is to be used for meals and incidentals, and any local transportation needs apart from residency activities.
In order for your application to be considered, it must be sent via email or hardcopy through the mail by April 2, 2018.
● If you choose to send it in hard copy, it must be postmarked on or before April 2, 2018.
● Applicants selected for consideration will be notified via email by May 21, 2018.
● Selected peacemakers will be notified by June 18, 2018.
Applications must include:
1. The completed and signed 2018 Application Form. (See below)
2. A written statement describing:
a. Why you are interested in participating in the 2018 Women PeaceMakers Program. (No more than 2 pages)
b. Your journey of becoming a peacemaker including:
i. Through your work, explain how you have acted in formal mediation and peace negotiation processes in your country of origin. Please provide concrete details of your role. (No more than 2 pages)
3. A resume or curriculum vitae of your professional peacemaking activities and educational background. (No more than 3 pages)
Note: There are no formal educational or professional requirements for this program. It is helpful to the committee to know any of your formal or informal engagements in peacemaking professionally or educationally, to understand better the context of the conflict and your engagement in peacemaking.
4. Two letters of reference.
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATION BY EMAIL OR POST TO:
Program Officer for Women PeaceMakers
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice
Kroc School of Peace Studies
University of San Diego
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
If sending the full application via email, please scan and then email a completed and
signed copy of the 2018 Application Form.
IMPORTANT: Your application will not be considered “complete” or reviewed until all
materials are received
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 2, 2018
- In order for your application to be considered, it must be sent via email or hardcopy through the mail by April 2, 2018.
- If you choose to send it in hard copy, it must be postmarked on or before April 2, 2018.
- Applicants selected for consideration will be notified via email by May 21, 2018.
- Selected peacemakers will be notified by June 18, 2018.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, please write to Jennifer Bradshaw: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more Information: