Wyss Bachelor or Master Grants 2018 for African, Asian, and Latin American Students
The Hansjoerg Wyss Foundation is inviting applications for Wyss Grants to students wishing to pursue Bachelor or Master Studies at ECAV. Students from the continents of Africa, Asia, and Latin America are eligible to apply for this grant.
Located in the heart of the Alps and in the centre of Europe, l’Ecole cantonale d’art du Valais offers high-quality education in graphic design (secondary education graphic designer – MPA) and visual arts (Bachelor, Master, MAS). Small in size, the ECAV offers clear educational routes and a personalized support for each student.
- Application Deadline: Documents must be sent no later than March 29, 2018, for the Bachelor program and April 10th, 2018 for the Master program.
- Course Level: Grants are available to students wishing to pursue Bachelor or Master Studies at ECAV.
- Study Subject: Grants will support to visual art students.
- Scholarship Award: The Wyss grant covers tuition fees, accommodation, equipment costs and day-to-day expenses. It is awarded for one year and is renewable based on one of the student’s satisfactory results.
- Nationality: Students from the continents of Africa, Asia, and Latin America are eligible to apply for this grant.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from the continents of Africa, Asia, and Latin America are eligible to apply for this grant.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The Hansjoerg Wyss Foundation was created in 2001 to provide financial support to visual arts students from the continents of Africa, Asia, and Latin America wishing to pursue Bachelor or Master studies at ECAV.
- Grants are awarded on the basis of candidates’ artistic merit and cover Bachelor (Fine Arts) and Master (Master of Arts in Public Spheres) programs.Candidates applying for a Wyss grant for the Bachelor program must be under the age of 30.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: For enrolment on the Master (MAPS), candidates must in addition provide:
- A copy of the Bachelor degree from a school of art
- A research project (1 page) having a connection with the public sphere
- Documents must be sent no later than March 29th, 2018 for the Bachelor program and April 10th, 2018 for the Master program by email to the following address: wyss-at-ecav.ch.
Applications must contain the following documents:
- Application form duly completed
- Application form for the Bachelor program or the Master program
- Covering letter
- Letter of recommendation from a professor or head of an art institution.
- Curriculum vitae
- A portfolio of recent artistic work
- Copies of qualifications (school-leaving certificate, recognized baccalaureate)
- Copy of passport
- 1 passport photo