Deadline: 28 May 2012
Study in: any Country
Course starts Sept 2012
For the following countries:
In addition to nationals of OFID Member States (Algeria, Gabon, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, GSP Libyan AJ, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela), nationals of the following countries are also eligible:
Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo DR , Republic of Congo, Cote d’lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, São Tomé & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Asia and the Middle East: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea D P R, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
Latin America and the Caribbean: Antigua & Barbuda, Belize, Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Grenada, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guyana, Haiti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Panama, St. Christopher, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Uruguay
Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants
– Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
– Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
– Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
– Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2012, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
– Must be a national of a developing country (please see list of eligible countries below)
– Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Official Scholarship Website: