Scholarships for Africans 2013/2014 by the Catholic International Fund
Deadline-1 April 2013
Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund (SCIAF) offers the possibility scholarship to study MA in African Studies or MSc in Africa and International Development SCIAF works in partnership with local communities of all faiths, Africa, Asia and Latin America , helping some of the world’s poorest out of poverty.
Exchange SCIAF Zambia cover the cost of tuition fees abroad, traveling to and from the United Kingdom, research activities in Zambia and a £ 12,000 allocation.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to Zambia for a one-week workshop SCIAF in early 2014 and eight-week internship with a SCIAF project in May / June 2014 as part of master’s thesis.
Eligibility and Criteria for the Scholarships for Africans 2013/2014 by the Catholic International Fund
• The scholarship is open to students from Burundi, Malawi and Zambia who are accepted for admission to the MA in African Studies or MSc in Africa and International Development.
• The scholarship is awarded generally on the basis of academic merit. If selected, we can consider the significant work experience and relevant instead of academic qualifications.
1. Zambia: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with distinction (a gradation of 75% or more).
2. Malawi: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with a particle size of 80% or more
3. Burundi: Applicants must hold a Diploma of ingenuity, Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma of Advanced Studies with a rating of 80% or more.
• English Language-If English is not the native language of the applicant, the applicant must submit one of the fol-
1. IELTS 7.0 (with at least 6.5 in each module)
2. TOEFL iBT-100 (with at least 23 in all sections)
3. CPE Grade B
4. CAE Grade A
5. Pearson Test of English: Total 67 (with at least 61 in each section of communicative skills)