2013 PHD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FROM UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER IN UK
Deadline-March 8, 2013
School of Historical Studies at the University of Leicester is pleased to offer full-time Grant Graduate Teaching Assistantship in historical studies.
The Wizard university is responsible to the director of the school and are expected to undertake teaching related functions needed within the school, normally not exceeding the equivalent of six hours / seven weekly contact during school. Wizard of university education should also contribute to academic research initiatives.
The scholarship is open to candidates wishing to pursue doctoral research in an area of history which can be supervised by the teaching staff of the school, which includes-
• Early Modern History
• English Local History
• Medical Humanities
• Medieval History
• Modern American History
• Modern British and European History
• International Modern History
• Urban History
Eligibility FOR THE 2013 PHD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FROM UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER IN UK
• Applicants must have a first class or high upper second class honors degree (or equivalent) in history or in a relevant discipline and meet the University’s standard English language entry requirements. It is expected that candidates will have a relevant degree with honors and distinction control or be able to prove that they will do so before October 2013.
• It is desirable that candidates should have experience teaching / experience in providing training in the field.
• This position is open to candidates suitable UK / EU and international (eg outside the EU). Please note, however, that the scholarship covers tuition rate UK / EU only. Foreign applicants (and those who can not afford tuition UK / EU) must demonstrate at the time of their application that they can finance the difference between the rates of tuition.
• The position is for full-time students only and candidates must be able to start their studies in October 2013.