Master of Nursing Scholarships: The School of Nursing & Midwifery (SNM) at the University of Dundee has over twenty years experience in the international delivery of quality distance learning, and supports the professional and academic development of a global community of nurses from over 15 countries around the world.
If you need to fit graduate study around work or raising a family, and want a degree that is tailored to your own professional goals… then this is the school for you.
- No University attendance required
- Two intakes per year (September and January)
- Learning that is focused in your own practice
- No exams
The MN focuses on developing knowledge and skills related to leadership, self direction, negotiation, critical thinking and writing to publication standard (skills which are essential for many nursing leadership career pathways).
Completing a master degree widens career opportunities and your earning potential.
Master of Nursing Unique Delivery Model
Module topics are focused in current challenges, situations and problems in your local context. The curriculum design is flexible and unique in that your module topics are negotiated via a learning contract with your module tutor.
This creates an extensive range of possible topic areas.
Examples of previously studied module topics include;
- Sleep deprivation in hospital
- Infection Control in a high dependency unit
- Competencies for staff development and staff retention
- Rapid response teams – a nurses view
- Physical restraints and critical care
- Patient violence towards nurses in the ICU
- Reflective journaling – is it worth keeping in nursing education?
- Proposal to study issues of compliance in the use of chemical, personal protective equipment by emergency department nurses.
- The effects of epidural analgesia on the second stage of labour.
- Retention of older nurses – job satisfaction and work related factors.
- Exploring the infant feeding experiences of low income mothers and the support offered by health professionals involved in their care: a qualitative study.
Master of Nursing Scholarships
Commonwealth Scholarship applications for the Master of Nursing – 15 Commonwealth Scholarships for the Master of Nursing programme are available.
Places are limited to Kenyan applicants only. Allocation of places will be through a competitive process and the closing date is 5th April for the intake starting in September.
Applications will only be accepted using a special application form – see links below – which must be fully completed.
USE THIS LINK TO APPLY: http://nursingmidwifery.dundee.ac.uk/application-process