The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants scholarships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey. The scholarship covers fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities. The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective students. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
– Scholarship programme does not cover language preparation courses.
WHO CAN APPLY:
The scholarship is open to all students who want to undertake a graduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
- Applicants must be 30 years old or younger for the MSc/MA programs and 35 years old or younger for the PhD programs on the first day of the application period.
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree or who are currently enrolled in their fourth year of college are eligible to apply for scholarship for the MSc/MA programs.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MSc/MA program in Turkey are also eligible for the Msc/MA scholarship on the condition that they have not yet completed their third semester in the program.
- Applicants holding an MSc/MA degree or currently enrolled in a master’s program who intend to enroll in a PhD program in Turkey are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Turkey are also eligible to apply on the condition that they have not yet completed their six semester in the program.
Applicants who are medal winners at any branch of the International Science Olympiads will be given priority.
- Application form (This form is filled electronically on the online application portal)
- Copy of birth certificate or passport (pages of personal information)
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree* (If any)
- Copy of Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts* (If any)
- A motivation letter (Statement of purpose)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
- Certificates of achievement (if any)
* The documents must be English or Turkish. Officially translated copy of the documents can be used in the application.
During the application, the original copies of required documents are not demanded. However, applicants who receive the scholarship must send the original copy of required documents in order to be able to use their scholarships.
Applications not fulfilling any eligibility criteria, lacking any of the required documents will not be processed.
APPLICATION DATES: TWICE A YEAR
All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal, which can be found at http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr. All accompanying required documents must also be uploaded electronically. In order to complete application process, applicants must approve their applications until 17.30 p.m. on the application deadline.
USE THIS LINK TO APPLY AND FOR DETAILS