Scholarship Name: Edinburgh Global Health Academy Distance Learning Master’s Scholarship
Brief description: 2015/2016 Masters Scholarship by distance learning at University of Edinburgh in global health related courses (listed below) of students from least developed countries
Eligible Field of Study
Scholarships will be available for students pursuing one of the following Global Health Academy programmes:
- MSc Biodiversity, Wildlife and Ecosystem Health
- MSc Clinical Education
- MSc Global Health and Infectious Diseases
- MSc Global Health and Non Communicable Diseases
- MSc Health Informatics
- MSc Health Informatics Governance
- MSc International Animal Health
- MSc Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- MSc Surgical Sciences
- MSc Translational Medicine
What is this Scholarship about?
The University of Edinburgh will offer 4 Master’s scholarships to students from least developed nations, for specific global health related distance learning Master’s programmes offered by the University, through the Edinburgh Global Health Academy Distance Learning Master’s Scholarship for 2015/2016 academic year.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
Who is qualified to apply?
- The scholarships will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission onto an eligible Global Health Academy programme at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in the countries listed below.
How Many Scholarships are available? Four (4)
What is the benefit?
Each distance learning scholarship will have a total value over the duration of the programme of £9,000 which will be deducted from the tuition fee for the entire part-time programme of study.
How long will sponsorship last?
For the duration of the programme
Which African Countries is Eligible?
Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Other Developing Countries outside Africa?
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Comoros, Eritrea, Haiti, India, Korea, Dem Rep, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Rep
Where will it be taken (country):
University of Edinburgh, UK
The closing date for applications for these scholarships is 29 May 2015
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Applicants for the Distance Learning Scholarship are asked when completing the personal statement of the scholarship application form, to indicate why distance learning suits their particular circumstances making reference to both online learning and distance learning.
Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage
Scholarship is offered by the University of Edinburgh
The winners of the scholarships will be announced by the end of June 2015.