Applications are invited for Television and Digital Journalism Fellowships which begin in end of August 2015. The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified Egyptian students who wish to pursue full-time study toward a two year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC. The application deadline is May 1.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded in television and digital journalism.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue master’s degree programme.
Scholarship Provider: The American University in Cairo
Scholarship can be taken at: Egypt
Eligibility: -Egyptian nationals with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities.
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or a rating of gayed.
• Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, needed documents and any additional exams.
• Submit an international TOEFL IBT exam score or an IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
• Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism.
• Satisfy MA in television and digital journalism admission requirements. An interview with the program leadership is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential and communication skills.
• To retain the fellowship, the recipient must carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Egyptian nationals are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Scholarship Description: The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified Egyptian students who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a two year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC. Applicants from diverse regional and socioeconomic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Duration of award(s): The fellowship is awarded for two academic years and may cover the intervening summer session when registered for courses.
What does it cover? Waiver of tuition fees for the MA program
-May cover prerequisite courses and one semester of intensive English language courses as needed
-Book allowance per semester
-Student services and activities fees
-Monthly housing allowance may be offered for non-residents of greater Cairo
-In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 20 hours per week of related academic or technical work.
Notification: Selection of recipients is made in June for fellowship that begins end of August 2015.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 1.