Undergraduate Scholarships to Foreign Students
Course(s) Offered: Information Science & Technology, Engineering
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Macedonian Government
Country to Study in: Republic of Macedonia
The Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia announces this Call for Applications for full undergraduate scholarships, for the academic year 2015/2016, at the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle” in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.
The scholarships are awarded to foreign students from nationalities which are of interest to the Republic of Macedonia.
The scholarships are available to outstanding students, not older than 22 years oldwho wish to pursue undergraduate studies in any one of the programmes listed below.
Citizens of the following eligible countries:
Republic of Azerbaijan, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, Republic of Angola, Republic of Armenia, United Arab Emirates, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federative Republic of Brazil, Republic of Burundi, Republic of Cameroon, People’s Republic of China, Republic of Croatia, Czech Republic,Republic of Egypt, Republic of Estonia, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia,Gabonese Republic, Republic of Ghana, Georgia, State of Israel, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Kazakhstan, State of Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Republic of Latvia, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Lithuania, Malaysia, Kingdom of Morocco, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia,Republic of Namibia, Sultanate of Oman, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Palestine, Portugal, Republic of Poland, State of Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Republic of Slovenia, Kingdom of Spain, Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, United States of America, Kingdom of Thailand, United Republic of Tanzania, Tunisia, Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Republic of Hungary, Arab Republic of Zambia and Organization of American States.
University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle”; Ohrid; Republic of Macedonia
Fields of study
Awards are for students who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in one of the following programmes:
- Faculty of Communication Networks and Security (CNS);
- Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE);
- Faculty of Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation (ISVMA);
- Faculty of Information and Communication Science (ICS)
- Study Program of Digital Business Informatics (DBI)
- Faculty of Applied IT, Machine Intelligence and Robotics (AITMIR) and
- Study Program of E-Government, E-Business and E-Culture.
Official language of the programmes is English and courses are held by distinguished local and international lecturers
Number of awards
One full scholarship will be awarded to a candidate from each of the eligible countries (as listed above).
The scholarship provides funds for the first academic year and subsequently for the rest of the three years of the undergraduate studies, provided that the student ends the first year of studies with satisfactory success rate
The scholarship provides for:
- Full tuition fees;
- Visa and residence permit fees
- Return air fare from the applicant’s home country;
- Accommodation and food (full board) at the University’s dorm “Nikola Karev” in Ohrid, the Republic of Macedonia;
- A monthly allowance of 5,000 MKD (approximately 82 EUR);
Method of Application
Candidates are required to submit an online application, which will be available on the official scholarship web site of the Ministry of Education and Science,www.stipendii.mon.gov.mk and www.mon.gov.mk as from 20.02.2015 or submitted in hard copy, or electronically, to the respective Ministry of Education of the applicant’s home country.
All students must send scanned copies of the required documents and theApplication form to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete the application, the candidates are required to provide electronic copies from the following original documents:
- Application Form
- Official high school diploma or certificate (where applicable);
- Official transcripts;
- Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate for the programme they are applying.
The required evidence may take the form of either:
- Substantial education (minimum 15 months) conducted in English and undertaken no more than two years prior to the date of enrolment
- Acceptable English language qualification or test result. The qualification or test results must have been awarded no more than two years prior to the proposed date of enrollment. Please seeofficial website for a listing of the acceptable language results.
- Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
- Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
- An electronic copy of the Passport which must be valid for the next 4calendar years;
- In addition, as part of the application, the candidates are required to summit contact details from two academic professors/teachers, who will provide letters of recommendation for the candidate. The candidates are advised to notify the professors ahead of time, in order for the references to be submitted within the application deadline.
All submitted documents must be in English or certified translations in English.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete details onhow to apply for this scholarship.
The online scholarship application opened on the official scholarship web site on 20.02.2015. All prospective students should note that the application process will be open until 31.07.2015.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Saints Cyril and Methodius Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
Applicants who have not completed their high school education by May 1, 2015 may receive a conditional offer for admission pending their high school diploma. Successful applicants must finalise their high school studies and submit their transcript and diploma no later than July 31, 2015
Macedonia, officially the Republic of Macedonia, is a country located in the central Balkan peninsula in Southeast Europe. It is one of the successor states of the former Yugoslavia, from which it declared independence in 1991.
A landlocked country, the Republic of Macedonia is bordered by Kosovo to the northwest, Serbia to the north, Bulgaria to the east, Greece to the south, and Albaniato the west. It constitutes approximately the northwestern third of the larger geographical region of Macedonia.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes