Brief description: Rotary Clubs in Japan through the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation is offering scholarships for overseas students to undertake undergraduate, masters and doctoral studies at Japanese university or graduate school
Eligible Field of Study: Any of the course offered by the Japanese University or Graduate School in Japan
The Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation awards scholarships to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its scholarship fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan. The Foundation is Japan’s largest private scholarship organization, both in terms of program scale and number of scholarships awarded.
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for applicants residing abroad is for international students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese University or Graduate School. Applicants have to find out and apply a Japanese university or graduate school by themselves before they apply for this scholarship. And they are requested to submit the copy of the application for admission for the university / graduated school.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Scholarship Type: For Undergraduates, Master’s and PhD degree at Japanese University or Graduate School
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
The program’s eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Have already chosen the university or graduate school s/he will apply for
- Be in the process of applying for admission
- Be able to submit his/her letter of acceptance (an admission approval or a pre-arrival admission approval) under the schedule below.
- For April 2016 enrollment: Submit the letter of acceptance by the end of January 2016.
- For fall 2016 enrollment: Submit the letter of acceptance by the end of June 2016.
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship:
- Undergraduates: 100,000 yen per month
- Masters students: 140,000 yen per month
- Doctoral students: 140,000 yen per month
Only for the first year of the scholarship, a supplemental of 400,000 yen is provided upon arrival in Japan.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
Eligible Countries: Overseas students
To be taken at (country): Japanese Universities and Graduate School
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is 16 October 2015 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and October Enrolment.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Visit scholarship website for details
Sponsors: Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation