Business School MBA International Full Scholarship
Course(s) Offered: Business & related
Course Level: Masters (MSc, MBA)
Provider: University of Hull
Country to Study in: UK
The University of Hull UK is offering the Business School International MSc Scholarship and the Business School MBA International Full Scholarship for International students who have applied and been offered a place of study at the university.
The Business School International MSc Scholarship is available for new MSc students (non-University of Hull graduates) and are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. The Business School MBA International Full Scholarship is available to students who have Overseas Fee Status, and will be awarded on the basis of professional and academic excellence.
While the MSc scholarship is a partial tuition award, the MBA covers the full tuition fee. These scholarships are valid only for the academic year commencing September 2016. Please note that these scholarships do not cover the cost of living or travel.
In order to be considered for the MSc or Full MBA scholarship, applicants must:
- have applied and received confirmation of an offer to study before applying for this scholarship and must write their admissions application code on the scholarship application for consideration
- be able to commence their studies in September 2016
- have not been awarded any other scholarship or sponsorship
- be considered as international students for tuition fee purposes
Academic Excellence will be the major criteria considered for the Business School International MSc Scholarship; while Professional and Academic Excellence will both be taken into account for the Business School International full MBA Scholarship.
Citizens of ALL countries
University of Hull, England; UK
Fields of study
All available courses offered for the Masters of Science and Masters of Business Administration programmes
Number of awards
Six (6) scholarships are available for new MSc students; and Four (4) full tuition fee scholarships will be applied to the MBA students who have Overseas Fee Status.
The award will cover for the normal period of one year masters programme
The MSc scholarship only covers a part (£5,000) of the full tuition fee and does not cover living or travel costs. The MBA scholarship covers the full cost of the tuition fees, and also does not cover the cost of living or travel.
All new international students who have applied for but have not been successful for the full MBA scholarship will automatically receive the scholarship bursary. For complete details on the bursary, please see the official website.
Method of Application
Applicants for all of the above scholarships must submit the following
- a completed application form (with their application code entered)
- a copy of their offer letter
i). For the MSc admissions:
- proof of a minimum overall 2:1 honours Bachelors degree pass or equivalent
- one good academic reference
- an essay of no more than 500 words on why you wish to study at Hull University Business School on the MSc programme for which you have applied and – focusing on your academic achievements, any positions of responsibility you have held or any recognition you have received for excellent performance at your previous institution – why you should be considered for a scholarship.
(Please note that scholarship applications submitted without all requested documentation will not be considered)
ii). For the MBA admissions:
- an essay of no more than 1,000 words demonstrating how they will contribute to and benefit from the Hull MBA, focusing on their achievements as a professional manager as well as academic qualifications. Applicants should also evaluate the skills they need to develop in order to be an effective global manager and how the MBA will assist in this.
(Please note that applications submitted without full documentation will not be considered)
The scholarship application submission deadline dates for both awards are different. Applicants must complete all applications on or before 9 May 2015 for MBA for entry in September 2016; and 11 July 2016 for MSc for entry in September 2016.
Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 23 May 2016 for MBA. While the successful applicants will be notified by 28 July 2016 for MSc Students.
The scholarships will be offset against your tuition fee at registration.
The University of Hull is a public university, founded in 1927, located in Kingston upon Hull, a city in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The main university campus is located in Hull and there is a smaller campus in Scarborough on the North Yorkshire coast. The main campus is home to the Hull York Medical School, a joint initiative with the University of York. Students are served by Hull University Union.
Application Deadline: 9 May / 11 July 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes