The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) has awarded 134 educational grants totaling $1,167,900 to women from 57 developing countries whose studies in the US and Canada aim to benefit women and children and whose future plans are to return to their countries or regions.
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) has expanded the grants to women studying in South Africa.
Women Educational Grants
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) is making grants, to the value of approximately $US 4000 each, available to female students, 25 years and older, from all African countries enrolled for study at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand.
Women Scholarships Application Criteria
- The applicants must be at least 25 years of age
- The applicant must be financially needy
- The applicant must demonstrate that their field of study will aid in the development of women and children in the developing world
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to work for the benefit of women and children
- The applicant must plan to return to their countries within two years of receiving the grant.
For more scholarship information and application: Educational Grants for Female Students – Scholarships for Women