Course Level: Graduate (fellowship, research)
Provider: Leventis Foundation
Country to Study in: UK
The Centre of African Studies of the University of London invites applications from Nigerian academics to take part in a scheme of collaborative research, the Leventis Fellowship, funded by the Leventis Foundation.
Applicants are invited to apply to spend three months as visitors of the Centre of African Studies in order to pursue their research in libraries and archives and to participate in the intellectual life of the Centre. The scheme might be particularly appropriate for scholars working up a PhD thesis into publishable form.
This fellowship is for younger scholars and the following apply:
- Nigerian academics are eligible for this research fellowship. Applications are invited from qualified Nigerians to take part in this collaborative scheme.
- Scholars working up a PhD thesis into publishable form are particularly appropriate.
- Duration of fellowship is of three months.
Citizens of Nigeria ONLY
Center of African Studies, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London; UK.
Fields of study
ANY topic related to the field of African studies
Number of awards
Not specified by provider
Applicants are invited to apply to spend three (3) months as visitors of the Center of African Studies.
The Leventis Research Co-operation Programme is devised to assist younger scholars develop their research interests in collaboration with their counterparts in London.
This enables successful applicants pursue their research in libraries and archives and to participate in the intellectual life of the Centre.
Method of Application
To be considered for the fellowship, applicants should send the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A complete curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- A statement of current research interests (of not more than 1,000 words) specifying the aims to be achieved during the research period in London
- One academic reference letter supporting the application (sent directly from the email account of the referee to email@example.com)
Email applications are preferable, but if you are unable to send your application by email, please post it to:
Ms Angelica Baschiera
Centre of African studies
SOAS‐University of London
London WC1H 0XG
The Deadline for Applications is 31st March 2016
Applications are considered by a Steering Committee in London. Emails will be sent to the applicants informing them of the Committee’s decision soon after the deadline of 31st March.
SOAS, University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East.
Application Deadline: 31 March 2016
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)