Course Level: Undergraduate (Bachelors)
Provider: MasterCard Foundation
Country to Study in: Ghana
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana is offering the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Ghanaian and other African students. MasterCard has committed $20.8 million towards this program.
The goal of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST is to raise transformational leaders to influence change on the African Continent. The Program provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
For the 2016/2017 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Senior High School Graduates with WASSCE Results and Certificate Ready and Satisfy KNUST’s Admission Requirements.
- The Applicant must have Demonstrated Extreme Critical Needs.
- The Applicant must also have Proven Record of Leadership and Community Engagement
- International Students from Provable Economically Vulnerable Background
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants will be given top priority
- There is Preference for Science Students; however, All Subjects Are Considered
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back And Give-Back to His Or Her Community
Citizens of Ghana and other African countries
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana
Fields of study
All disciplines are considered, however, there is a preference for Science students
Number of awards
The scholarship program covers the full period of undergraduate study
The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid accommodation, learning materials, transportation and stipend
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build relationships and scholar capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching and tutoring
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community service and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back) and uniquely sourced internship.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
Method of Application
There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of this process. To apply, applicants need to download a copy of the Application Form from the official website (link to it is below). Then submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to a disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal. Telephone numbers provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all time to receive critical information.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information and also to download the scholarship application form.
Applications close at 17:00GMT, 29th April, 2016
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews to be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Office of the Dean of Students. Final Selection will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
Verification of ALL examination results and information provided as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants will be conducted.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website (http://mcf.knust.edu.gh/).
Application Deadline: 29 April 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes