UNU International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH) is inviting applications for the postdoctoral fellowship programme. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply. Fellowships are awarded to work on any of the following ongoing research projects at the Institute: Systems Thinking for Urban Health and Governance for Global Health.
The position offers a 12-month residency with monthly stipends for the duration of the fellowship. During the fellowship, the fellow is expected to actively participate in the research and academic activities of the Institute, especially the research projects led by the Institute’s research fellows.
- Applicants must have obtained a PhD within five years preceding the date of commencement of the fellowship. Language proficiency in English is essential. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Fellows must be able to make use of the UNU-IIGH facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to (i) work on a project or projects assigned by the supervisor, and (ii) participate in other academic activities of the Institute. The fellows shall also participate in regular in-house discussions and seminars at the institute.
- At the time of application, fellows must send their cover letter and indicate their interest and motivation to work on any of the following ongoing research projects at the Institute: i) Systems Thinking for Urban Health ii) Governance for Global Health.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should download and complete the UNU Personal History form (P-11). There is no Vacancy number; instead, just state Postdoctoral Fellowship 2017 as the “Title of Post” in the section “What post are you applying for?” Please submit all of the listed documents below via email to iigh-info-at-unu.edu
- A completed and signed UNU P-11 form (please do not use P-11 forms from other UN agencies)
- A cover letter outlining motivation, and how they would contribute to any of the Institute’s ongoing research projects during a 12-month Postdoctoral Fellowship
- An abstract of PhD research/dissertation
- A sample of recent publications (in English)
- Two references to support your application, with one of the references written by your PhD thesis supervisor
- A scanned copy of passport details page
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is 4 November 2016.