To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2017 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2017
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2018
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
How to Apply
- Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission by the university
- Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any of its affiliate companies is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
For more details, click here
Application Deadline 31st January, 2017.