GSK is offering Africa Open Lab awards for research which provides up to two years of funding. This third call for proposals is targeted at outstanding African scientists in the early stages of their research and academic careers based in research institutions or universities.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Will be the principal investigator and must be an early career researcher, defined as a basic biomedical scientist, clinically qualified investigator or public health researcher, who has not previously competed successfully as principal investigator for a major research grant, and is no more than ten years from their highest degree of study (career breaks and time out of academic research will be taken into consideration).
- Must be currently employed by an eligible academic, health or research institution in Cameroon, Côte D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, The Gambia, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Uganda, Senegal and Tanzania for the duration of the project.
- Must hold a PhD or equivalent higher degree (e.g. DrPH) in a health related discipline. Applicants pursuing a clinical academic career, who have not obtained a PhD, must have completed their specialist training in a relevant aspect of medicine and demonstrate relevant research experience (e.g. MSc with a research component).
- Must not currently hold positions above lecturer level or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate that they have a track record and ongoing commitment to health-related research and the skills and experience required to carry out the proposed work. Evidence of research output, including publications in peer reviewed journals and/or presentations at scientific conferences, is required.
- Must have a career development plan showing commitment to NCD research in Africa, of which support from relevant supervisors and mentors will be an important component.
To apply amd know more, click here
Application Deadline: The closing date for submitting applications will be 16:00 GMT on the January 12, 2017.