Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- PhD degree in social sciences or humanities ; interdisciplinary program or a related field (e.g., Development Studies, Law and Development, Natural Resource Management, Gender Studies, Economics, Political Economics, Geography)
- At least five years of relevant experience in interdisciplinary research related to the thematic areas identified by the Institute;
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, and data analysis techniques;
- At least five years’ experience conducting research on African issues and, related topics, including research for use in policy development;
- Excellent analytical skills and evidence of scientific publication are required;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Good computer skills, specifically knowledge of data entry, processing and analysis;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Priority will be given to researchers who have expertise in the thematic areas that the institute currently lacks
How to Apply: The application should contain:
- A complete CV with a list of publications.
- Copies of the applicant’s own publications relating to his/her research.
- The names and addresses (phone, fax, e-mail) of at least two referees.
The application should be sent:
a) preferable by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Including publications to the extent possible or by indication of internet addresses where they might be available).
b) in hard copy by regular post to The Nordic Africa Institute, P. O. Box 1703, SE–751 47 Uppsala, Sweden
Closing Date for applications: February 10, 2017