Eligibility: Students can apply for an Intermediate Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine if they:
- Are a national of a low- or middle-income country
- Have a PhD or a degree in medicine and are qualified to enter higher specialist training
- Have three to six years postdoctoral experience.
- Students that do not have a PhD or degree in medicine, Welcome Trust may still be considered if they have a first or Master’s degree and can show substantial research experience.
Students must also:
- Have a strong track record in your area of research and show the potential to become a scientific leader
- Have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country
- Have a research proposal that is within the public health and tropical medicine remit.
- your track record
- the quality and importance of your research question(s)
- your approach to solving these questions
- the suitability of your research environment.
This scheme may be of particular interest if you’re an early career fellow (such as a Training Fellow in Public Health and Tropical Medicine) and this fellowship is the next step in your career as a research scientist.
For more details and to apply, click here