The Kingston University Postgraduate scholarships are open to prospective full-time postgraduates in any subject area on a one-year taught masters degree course offered at Kingston University London.
These scholarships are available for both September entry and January entry (for courses with a relevant start date) for students from all countries of the world who are classed as ‘overseas’ students in the UK for fee purposes.
The International Office at Kingston University offers more than 60 scholarships and bursaries per year to international students, and these awards are given to: encourage academic excellence; increase the diversity of the student population; and develop relationships.
You can apply for an award if you:
- are an international student (classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes);
- have an offer of a place on a course at Kingston for 2017/18 entry; and
- are not currently registered on a postgraduate course at Kingston University.
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- academic merit;
- what you expect to gain from the course you are taking; and
- what you intend to do after completing the course.
The University offers awards totaling £200,000 every year, with each international scholarship worth £4,000. This means that you must make sure you can cover the outstanding amount for fees and living expenses yourself.
As one of the university’s scholars you’ll belong to a group of some of the best students, with access to senior staff and special events, giving you the opportunity to benefit from many other aspects. These include:
- attending the annual scholars’ events at historical locations often attended by senior staff, academics and the Mayor of Kingston upon Thames;
- boosting your career prospects through valuable networking opportunities;
- belonging to the special alumni group for scholars and meeting other scholars from around the world;
- impressing future employers with your award; and
- being a valued student ambassador for Kingston with opportunities to contribute to some of the marketing material and in-country activities.
Method of Application
The procedures for scholarships application is SEPARATE from the course admissions application. You must have received a conditional or unconditional offer letter to study at Kingston University before you apply for an international scholarship. Before you begin your scholarship application, please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria: you must be an international student (classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes); have an offer of a place on a course at Kingston for 2017/18 entry; AND not currently be registered on an undergraduate or postgraduate course at Kingston University.
You will also need electronic copies of the following documents to make your application online: a copy of your offer letter; an academic reference letter; a copy of your academic transcript/worksheet; and a copy of your Academic IELTS or TOEFL result (where applicable). If you are interested and eligible to apply, you can apply online (within the application period) for the Kingston Postgraduate Scholarships.
International scholarship applications for offer holders starting in September 2017 will open on 20 February 2017. The application deadline is 31 May 2017. Applications for the January 2018 intake will start later in September 2017. The deadline for January 2018 scholarship applications will be Thursday 16 November 2017.
The university CANNOT consider applications received after the deadline. Remember that the scholarships application procedure is separate from the admissions application procedure.
Kingston University reserves the right to withdraw or amend a scholarship or bursary without prior notification. Scholarships and bursaries are offered subject to funding and availability.
Kingston University London (formally Kingston University) is a public research university located in Kingston upon Thames, London, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1899, and became a university in 1992 after being Kingston Polytechnic. The four campuses are located in Kingston and Roehampton.
Application Deadline: 31 May / 16 November 2017