The University of Nottingham offers the High Achiever Foundation Prize for Africa for African students wishing to pursue undergraduate foundation courses in its Engineering and Physical Sciences departments.
The University of Nottingham foundation courses provide an entry route to selected degrees in arts, business, engineering, science and social sciences and are an opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge needed to undertake a bachelors degree while studying at a world-class university.
In 2017 the University will be offering 5 scholarships of £2,000 each towards tuition fees to students from Africa (3 reserved for Kenya or Nigeria), registering on its Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Certificate.
You can apply for this high achiever prize if you:
- are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) an African country* AND
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
- already hold an offer to start on the Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Certificate at Nottingham in September 2017. You must have gone firm on that offer by 21 April 2017.
3 of these scholarships will be reserved for students from Kenya or Nigeria
- Students will only be eligible to receive this high achiever prize if they meet the conditions of their academic offer
- The high achiever prize is for the first year only
Applications may be submitted up until the closing date. Closing date for submission of all applications is 21 April 2017 (12 midday UK time)
Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application in late June.
The University of Nottingham is a public research university based in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom. It was founded as University College Nottingham in 1881 and was granted a Royal Charter in 1948.
Nottingham’s main campus (University Park) and teaching hospital (Queen’s Medical Centre) are situated on the outskirts of the City of Nottingham, with a number of smaller campuses and sites located elsewhere in Nottinghamshire, Derby, Derbyshire, and Lincoln. Outside the United Kingdom, it has campuses in Semenyih, Malaysia and Ningbo, China.
Application Deadline: 21 April 2017
To apply and for more details, click here