According to an agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years.
This CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides students/scholars that are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue doctoral degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
Under the terms of the CAS-TWAS agreement, travel from their home countries to China will be provided to the fellowship awardees in order to begin the fellowship in China (one trip only per student/scholar). Visa fee will also be covered (once only per student/scholar).
- Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2017;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- Not hold Chinese citizenship.
Applicants for PhD study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC.
- Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: September, 2016.
- Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
Applicants currently pursuing PhD degrees at any university/institution in China are ineligible for this fellowship.
Method of Application
Applications must be made online. In order to successfully apply for the CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship, applicants are requested to follow a few key steps that are indicated below:
- Eligibility criteria: Are you eligible? Do you meet ALL eligibility criteria (e.g. age, etc)?
- Find an eligible Host Supervisor affiliated with UCAS/USTC Universities, Schools or CAS Institutes.
- File your Application Form via the online Application system.
- Prepare all supporting documents (e;g. Admission Application Form for international students, Supervisor’s comment page, Reference letters, etc).
All the above materials in your application package should be in English or Chinese otherwise notarial translations in English or Chinese are required.
To apply and read further on the details, click here
Application Deadline: 31 March 2017