With the purpose of attracting foreign students and scholars to pursue academic study and research in Chongqing, improving the teaching quality, and extending Chongqing’s international influence in education, the Chongqing Municipal Government has established Mayor’s Scholarship for Foreign Students (shortened as Mayor’s Scholarship).
The Mayor’s Scholarship encourages outstanding international students to pursue a higher education in Chongqing, enabling them to pursue either a degree student programme (bachelor degree, master degree, or doctoral degree) or a non-degree student programme for at least one academic year in Chongqing.
International students (non-Chinese) should apply for the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor’s Scholarship in order to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between Chongqing and people from the rest of the world. Foreigners who wish to study in Chongqing’s Universities are entitled to submit application directly to the municipal government’s International Student Office.
WHO CAN APPLY?
International students intending to study in any of Chongqing’s universities can apply for the scholarship, which falls into the following categories: undergraduates, master’s degree candidates, doctoral degree candidates, general advanced candidates, Chinese language candidates and senior advanced candidates.
- The applicant must be of non-Chinese citizenship.
- The applicant must be under the age of 40
- The applicant wish to study at least one academic year
- The applicant must satisfy the other application requirements of Chongqing universities for foreign students.
Application requirement of the various Chongqing universities, found on their various websites. However, note that several universities require specific educational backgrounds and age limits, including:
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master degree, and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for master degree studies must have a bachelor degree, and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for bachelor degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for non-degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 45.
Application Deadline: 30 March 2017
For more details and how to apply, click here