Each year, the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited (NLNG) offers the NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme for students in Nigerian tertiary institutions and for high performing basic six pupils.
The Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme started in 1998, as part of NLNG’s Corporate Social Responsibility to Nigerian Citizens towards enhancing human capacity development. The NLNG Post-Primary Scheme kicked off in 2012. The Scheme seeks to promote academic excellence amongst students in institutions in Rivers State and the rest of the country.
The Management of Nigeria LNG Limited wishes to invite interested First Year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities and high performing basic six pupils to apply for the 2017/2018 NLNG Scholarship Award.
The following apply:
- Post-Primary: Applicants must be high performing basic six pupils in company’s host communities and the oil-producing states
- Undergraduate: Applicants must be first year undergraduate students in a recognized Nigerian university
Prospective beneficiaries must:
- Have excellent / very good West African School Certificate (WASC) or National Examinations Council (NECO) result at ONE sitting
- Be top-scorer at the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) exams
- Be a Full-Time Year-ONE student of any of the Nigerian universities
- Not be on any other scholarship award
- Not be a spouse, child, ward, or direct relation of staff of the Nigeria LNG Limited
- Post-Primary: Prospective pupils are admitted onto the scheme based on excellent performance at the annual National Examinations Council’s (NECO) Common Entrance Examinations.
- Undergraduate: Beneficiaries are selected through a rigorous and transparent selection process organized in collaboration with the Aptitude Test Department of WAEC.
Final awardees go through rigorous and transparent selection processes organized. The best candidates are selected.
Method of Application
Interested persons must access the official application website. Applications must be completed online via the official application portal. All applications MUST include the following scanned documents as attachment: 1). recent passport-sized photograph, 2). WASC or NECO result, 3). JAMB result, 4). University admission letter, 5). University student ID Card, and 6). Letter of identification from Local Government of Origin.
To apply for the 2017/2018 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme, visit the application portal to register and create a user account then go on to completely fill in and submit the online application form. To apply for the Undergraduate scholarship visit the 2017 Undergraduate Scholarship Portal. To apply for the Post-Primary scholarship visit the 2017 Post-Primary Scholarship Portal. Applications will be disqualified for: 1). Incomplete attachment, and 2). Non-adherence to criteria for award.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on applying for this scholarship scheme award.
Entries close 30th April 2017. Applications received after this date will not be considered
Applicants must fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate status of application.
The following candidates need not apply:
a). Beneficiaries of other scholarship schemes,
b). Second (2nd) to Final year students, and
c). Part-time students.
Only qualified applicants will be short-listed for the selection test.