The Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme, launched in October 2012, is an overseas programme aimed at supporting the emergence of indigenous experts, professionals or entrepreneurs especially; but not exclusively, within the oil and gas industry.
The Postgraduate Scholarship Program is part of NLNG’s Community Development programme which aims to contribute to long-term socio-economic development in its host communities and Nigeria at large.
The Nigeria LNG Limited is pleased to call for applications from qualified candidates into the NLNG Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2017.
Prospective beneficiaries must:
- Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Medicine and Law
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class (Upper division) in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the National Youth Service Corp programme
- Not less than a 8.0 IELTS
- Be no more than 30 years of age
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their Local Government Areas
- Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2017
- Be able to obtain the UK Tier-4 students visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2017, if selected
- Not be a direct relative of any staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
Fields of study
A wide range of courses is covered by this scheme, including:
- Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology)
- Engineering (Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Law (the various specialist areas)
- Medicine (the various specialist areas)
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences (Economics, Accountancy, Banking & Finance)
- Information Technology
Please note that scholars will NOT be allowed to work during their studies. They will be required to concentrate on completing their studies during the specified time duration and return home. However, engaging in course related internships are encouraged during the course of study where appropriate.
Method of Application
Potential beneficiaries of the programme MUST have completed the NYSC programme.
To apply, you must access the official application portal to fill in an online form. You must fill in the Application Forms completely and correctly. All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments: 1). International passport bio-data page, 2). First degree certificate, 3). Provisional admission letter from select UK universities, 4). IELTS result, and 5). LGA letter of identification.
If you have issues with the online registration form, please note: 1). Username must be all CAPS, and 2). Password must contain, CAPITAL LETTER, small letter, num3ric, and any of these(-.,/*). All requested documents must be attached. Applicants will be disqualified for: 1). Incomplete attachments, and 2). Non-adherence to criteria for the award. To commence your applications, visit the 2017 Postgraduate Application Portal.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship offer.
Application deadline is midnight on Friday, 12th May, 2017. Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
Remember to fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate status of application.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview/test. Applicants are therefore advised to be on the lookout for the shortlist by checking their mailbox from time to time and also the NLNG website.