Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy Scholarship after the founder of Sciences Po (1871) in order to attract the very best international students from outside of the European Union.
The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top international students who are applying to or previously admitted at Sciences Po University, and whose profile match the admissions priorities and individual course requirements of the school.
Eligible applicants are now encouraged for the 2017/2018 Emile-Boutmy Scholarships.
Eligible students are those, first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
The scholarship is awarded to students with excellent academic credentials and whose profile matches that of their chosen course. Students’ financial situations are also taken into account when assessing their applications.
Students who are NOT eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including from a European Union state
- Candidates from Quebec (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants)
- Dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
– the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
– the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
– the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- Third-year Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- MPA candidates, since they may apply for the MPA Scholarship
- Candidates to the Master in Development Practice
- Candidates to the Master Financial Regulation and Risk Management
Method of Application
Only admitted students are considered for this scholarship. It is NOT automatically awarded. Thus, you must apply for admission to study at Sciences Po University and be accepted before being considered for this scholarship.
To apply successfully to this scholarship, you must indicate it on your application form, and include proof of income and relevant documents explaining your family situation. If you do not attach the completed form and required documents, your application for the scholarship will not be taken into consideration.
Application Deadline: 2 May 2017 (UG) / 13 January 2017 (PG)
To apply and for more information, click here