The Macquarie University Australia through its Country Scholarships is offering the 2017/2018 Africa Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate degree at the university.
Under the Country Scholarship: Africa scholarships, Macquarie University will provide a specific amount annually to each successful student commencing in either 2016 or 2017. Payment of the scholarship will be applied equally towards your tuition fee for each session for the duration of your studies.
As this scholarship is competitive, you are encouraged to accept your course and scholarship offers without delay to guarantee your eligibility to receive the scholarship.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Have applied for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework through a registered Macquarie University agent or through our online application system.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at our North Ryde campus.
- Have enrolled and be ready to begin your course in 2017 (commencement may not be deferred).
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Students who are on an English-packaged course are eligible for this scholarship if they commence their course in 2016 or 2017.
- You’re not eligible if you have received any other Macquarie University scholarship for this course of study.
- To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must stay enrolled in your original approved course of study and pass all units within the course
Method of Application
You don’t need to apply directly to be considered for a Country Scholarship. Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.
- Details on how to apply to Macquarie University for a coursework degree are available on the website. Visit the ‘how to apply’ section
- Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter sent via email.
Application Deadline for Session 1 intake (i.e. February) is 31 January 2017. While that for Session 2 intake (i.e. July) is 30 June 2017.