The University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are for excellent international students from both the EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, who are applying for a graduate programme at the University of Twente.
The UT Scholarship is for those international students who show excellence, both academically as well as socially. You must meet all UT requirements to succeed with your application. If you apply for a UT scholarship without meeting all the requirements, your application will ALWAYS be unsuccessful.
The UT masters scholarship is NOT available for Dutch and/or current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Eligibility / Application Requirements
In order to be eligible for a University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below:
- Your programme starts in September 2017;
- You have been (proe qualifying UT graduate programmes (Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results).
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words). This motivation letter explains:
- What you have studied in the past;
- What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
- How you plan to receive this goal;
- Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements. UTS benefits and support are explicitly for Master’s programmes, not for pre-master programmes. Please note: If you intend to start your Master’s programme in September 2017 and you are required to follow a pre-master programme, the pre-master should start in February 2017 at the latest.
Method of Application
In order to apply for this scholarship, you must meet all requirements as listed. Applications are now through an online application process. If you meet all the criteria and requirements, then you are welcome to start the application process for a UTS. Please note that if you apply for a UTS without meeting all the requirements, your application will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 1 May 2017