Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship for International Students


Newcastle University offers the Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship (NUORS) for international graduate students to study in the UK.

Newcastle University is committed to offering support to the very best international students hoping to pursue a programme of research. The university is pleased to offer a small number of University funded NUORS awards for outstanding international students who apply to commence PhD studies in any subject in 2017/18.

Eligible applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date before. The NUORS scholarship award will cover the difference between tuition fees for UK/EU students and international students.

You could be eligible to apply for a NUORS award if:

  • you have been offered a place on a PhD research programme
  • you have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes, and are wholly or partially self-financing
  • you intend to register to start your studies during the 2017/18 academic year.

Applications for a NUORS award cannot be made for a course that has already been started by a student.

The application closing date is 28 April 2017

Method of Application
You must have already applied for and been offered a place to study at Newcastle University before you apply for a NUORS award. Please complete the NUORS application form (MS Word: 57.5KB) electronically and in accordance with the NUORS regulations, which are provided at the end of the application form. You will also be required to provide details of an academic referee; the University will then contact your referee directly.

Applications must be submitted electronically via the email address provided below. Unfortunately paper copies cannot be accepted.

Student Wellbeing Service
Student Financial Support
Newcastle University
King’s Gate
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU
United Kingdom

If you experience problems with the application form, please contact Student Financial Support who can e-mail a copy of the form and the regulations to you.

Click here to start application

Speak up