Starting from 2016, the University of Queensland, Australia will offer the MBA Women scholarships for International students each year with 50% tuition fee waiver.
From 2016, and going onwards, UQ Business School will be offering 50% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding women commencing the MBA program (and MBA articulation pathway) each year.
This scholarships will be offered to all Australian, Permanent Residents or New Zealand citizen and all International students.
The MBA Women Students scholarship is available to Future Students, whose level of study is Postgraduate Coursework; and available to students of all citizenship: Australian, Permanent Residents or NZ citizen and International student.
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- have already submitted an application for entry into the MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission. That is, you must have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of your application. This statement should:
- explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
- describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and
- outline your long-term career goals; and
- provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
- outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and
- supply two written references as follows:
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis. All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
The scholarship is awarded for a maximum period of 24 months. If the scholarship recipient exceeds the 24 months timeframe they become solely responsible for the full tuition cost of any and all remaining courses after the date specified in the scholarship offer.
The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester for a period of 24 months if the holder:
- obtains satisfactory grades; and
- maintains a satisfactory rate of continuous enrolment for a period of 24 months within the MBA program; and
- fulfils the obligations* of an MBA student; and\remains an MBA student.
The Academic Dean and Head of School alone will determine the meaning of the word “satisfactory” for the purpose of (a) and (b) above.
Method of Application
You must fully meet and fulfill all eligibility criteria stated above before applying. Applications for admission to the MBA program should be submitted separately from your scholarship application. Details to apply for admission into the MBA program are located on the Courses and Programs website.
Submit your scholarship application with a covering letter addressed to the MBA Director to:
Coordinator, MBA Student Liaison Officers
UQ Business School
There are two scholarship applications closing dates: 31 May 2017 (for commencement in July 2017) AND 30 November 2017 (for commencement in 2018).