Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards
LEAP’s Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports creative young Nigerians (Ages 18 – 35) with ideas and initiatives that proffer effective solutions to identified challenges in local communities across the country. These social innovators are highly innovative young Nigerians who are championing social enterprises and improving the lives of community members across Nigeria.
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) is a one-year fellowship which supports talented young social innovators – youth change-makers – whose ideas and initiatives range from inventing of safe water recycling machines, use of ICT to curb maternal mortality, innovative use of technology to improve food storage for rural farmers, rural economic empowerment through waste recycling among others.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for the SIP Fellowship:
- Applicants must be Nigerians resident in Nigeria
- The Applicants must be between ages 18 – 35 years
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Cofounders of the named project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation
- Social enterprise must be creative, innovative & replicable
- Social enterprise must be contributing positively to impact local communities and lives of Nigerians in different sectors (E.g Health, Agriculture, Education, ICT etc.)
- Applicants must be Able to show proof of work done and impact beyond 12 months prior to date of application for the awards. (Initiative must be a minimum of two year in existence)
- Applicants must establish commitment to sustaining the initiative beyond Fellowship year
The last date to apply is Sunday, July 16th, 12:00 midnight GMT +1