Etisalat Prize (£15000) for Literature For African Writers
Etisalat Nigeria has announced its call for entries into the 2018 Etisalat Prize for Literature, the fifth edition of the much celebrated innovative literature prize launched in 2013.
The Etisalat Prize for Literature which is the first Pan African Literary Award to celebrate African fiction writers seeks to recognise, celebrate and reward debut fiction writers of African descent. Whose works are of the last 24 months.
The prize aims to serve as a platform for the discovery of new creative talent out of the continent and invariably promote the burgeoning publishing industry in Africa.
The Etisalat Prize for Literature celebrates new writers of African citizenship whose first fiction book (over 30,000 words) are of the last twenty four (24) months. For the purposes of this definition, first book means first printed production in book form.
Authors and their publishers can be based anywhere in the world.
Criteria for Entry:
- Submissions are only to be from publishing houses.
- All books entered must have a registered ISBN number or equivalent.
- Entries by new writers must be within the last 24 months before submission
- Entries for fiction books will be by publishers who have publish a minimum of six (6) authors.
- Publisher should have been a registered business (with certificate of incorporation as a publisher) for minimum of six years
- We allow each publisher to enter a maximum of three (3) books – however books maybe called in by the judges.
- Each entry will be required to be accompanied by Seven (7) copies of the book being entered along with acceptance of publicity terms.
- The Etisalat Prize for Literature is not open to employees of any organisation under Emirates Telecommunications Corporation with branded trade name Etisalat.
Method of Application
Fill and download application form from the official website here. Completing the form signifies acceptance of Etisalat’s terms and conditions. The application form should be with seven (7) copies of the book. To Etisalat Nigeria at this contact address.
It is important to visit the official website for complete information on this award.
Entries open from July 3 to September 18, 2017