Melwater Entrepreneurs Scholarships for Africans
The Melwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) offers a one-year, full-time, intensive, fully sponsored training program to citizens of selected African countries. Who are aspiring technology entrepreneurs with the goal of creating globally successful companies that create wealth and jobs locally in Africa.
MEST is looking for recent Ghanaian, Nigerian, Kenyan and/or South African university graduates to join our next class of entrepreneurs!
- Applicants must have a deep passion to start a software company
- MUST have entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Can commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program starting September every year
- Applicants must be from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa and must have a degree in ANY field from a University or Technical College
- A completely-filled online Application Form
- Candidate’s profile photo and CV
- Applicants from Nigeria must have completed their NYSC
Desirable Qualities (Judging Criteria):
- A desire to make a difference
- A strong interest in technology and software
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self motivation, as well as the ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Strong interest in teamwork
- The ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Proven academic excellence
To ensure that EITs can focus completely on becoming world-class entrepreneurs, MEST provides:
- Full Scholarship – MEST covers the total cost of Tuition.
- Three Meals a Day – Prepared and server by MEST’s catering staff
- Free Housing- EITs are Housed at a hostel for the duration of the two year program, free of charge.
- Monthly Stipend – MEST provide each EIT with a small monthly stipend
Number of awards
This is a 12-month, full-time academic exercise
Application Deadline: Rolling